Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ascend

My dear madam
Rest indeed
Descend into quiet solitude
That I might dream of a golden babe
Touched by the Gods
Rendered invincible as Achilles
Blessed with the beauty of Helen
Elevated to Olympus
Far away from the River Styx
Where I often dwell
Communing with Dis'
Riding the Minotaur
Divining the song of the Harpies
I who have addressed dead kings
Played the roles of the thespian
I hold doubt above all
I ponder the prince or queen who floats in utero
The keeper of the future 
Carrier of my immortality
For the beginning of this new life
Portends the end of mine
Bits of me shall go forth
Ride across the sky with the child
Ascend to its pinnacle 
My wholeness turns away
Bound as it must 
To fade into obsolescence and disuse
The day my bae is born is the day I see my own death I proclaim
No one but Charon ferryman of Hades hears me 
©kcasady2015


No comments:

Post a Comment